Strata-G, LLCStrata-G, LLCJenny Freeman
Strata-G, LLC is a veteran-owned small business (VOSB) committed to creating a legacy of environmental and energy stewardship. We are accomplishing this through responsible management and successful application of engineering, science, and technology projects every day.
At Strata-G, we define significance by the extraordinary people we hire, the respect we earn with our clients, and the positive impact we make in the community. We offer our customers the flexibility, attention, and service of a small business as well as the solid experience of a Federal prime contractor which includes a history of exceptional performance on environmental, engineering, and energy projects. Since our start-up in 2002, Strata-G has grown to a team of more than 170 professionals (primarily engineers and scientists), 85% of whom have greater than 10 years of experience and all of whom are dedicated to our core values of integrity, service, and quality.
Range of Services. Strata-G’s core competencies include a full range of environmental compliance, sustainability, safety and health, utilities and facilities management, waste management, and project management support services to meet our customers’ needs.
Our Compliance Division offers pollution prevention, environmental management, environmental compliance, safety and health, waste management, and transportation services.
- Ensure environmental compliance and reduce costs
- Integrate operational activities with environmental requirements
- Negotiate and implement air, water, and waste permits
- Develop and support pollution prevention programs and environmental management systems
- Provide Certified Energy Managers, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professionals, and award winning pollution prevention professionals to achieve sustainability goals
- Characterize, profile, and plan transport of spent nuclear fuel, low-level, hazardous, mixed, and transuranic waste
- Manage waste from nuclear facilities, chemical facilities, power plants, and incinerators
- Plan shipping and logistics over road, rail, air, and water
Our Operations Division offers engineering evaluations, energy management, nuclear safety and operations, quality assurance, non-proliferation, and utilities management.
- Manage solar, biomass, and natural gas projects
- Conduct utility management oversight and long range planning
- Assess facility management of industrial and nuclear facilities
- Provide construction oversight, quality control, and inspection
- Optimize unit operations and identify equipment issues
- Conduct operational readiness reviews and audits of programs, operations, and facilities
- Plan and implement nuclear D&D, including reactor refueling and defueling processes
- Complete reviews for new construction and conduct of operations
- Ensure facilities and assets are safe and secure
Our Business Division offers supply chain management, logistics, information management solutions, project controls, records management, and lean process improvement.
- Cost Estimating
- Earned Value Management
- Resource Management
- Performance Reporting
- Increase productivity and flexibility
Notable Accomplishments: Strata‑G was featured in the May 2016 Greater Knoxville Business Journal as the 5th largest overall employer of local environmental engineering staff and the largest employer among local small businesses. What sets us apart is our commitment to our employees and their commitment to us. Our team of intellectually curious and highly motivated engineers, scientists and business professionals engages with our clients to solve complex energy and environmental challenges around the world.
- Four-time Veteran Owned Small Business of the Year award winner.
- Two-time Knoxville Chamber of Commerce Pinnacle Award Finalist.
- 17 performance and community service awards.
- Serving the DOE Environmental Management program with nearly 60 technical, administrative, and engineering personnel working to clean-up our local environment and solve significant radiological challenges faced on the Oak Ridge Reservation.
- Strata-G Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) experts transformed the 140 years old Crawford House at Maryville College into the 2nd oldest LEED-Gold certified building in the United States – the oldest being the U.S. Treasury Building.
- Strata-G engineers and scientists are supporting research and development activities at ORNL including the pursuit of the next generation of uranium enrichment technologies, examination of mixed oxide fuels from former weapons to reuse for peaceful purposes, and breakthroughs in physical and biological sciences related to addressing climate change and sustainability of our natural resources.
- Strata-G’s outstanding Pollution Prevention Team has assisted two of Knoxville’s largest employers, ORNL and the Y-12 National Security Complex, to attain the highest level of performance within the Tennessee Green Star Partnership, to gain the state-issued Green Flag. Through our support, Department of Energy sites in Oak Ridge have been awarded more than 150 federal and state pollution prevention awards since 2005 including numerous prestigious White House Closing-the-Circle awards.
Company Size/Small Business Classifications/NAICS Codes
Veteran Owned Small Business
Primary NAICS: 541620, Environmental Consulting Services
|488210||SUPPORT ACTIVITIES FOR RAIL TRANSPORTATION|
|488490||OTHER SUPPORT ACTIVITIES FOR ROAD TRANSPORTATION|
|488999||ALL OTHER SUPPORT ACTIVITIES FOR TRANSPORTATION|
|541511||CUSTOM COMPUTER PROGRAMMING SERVICES|
|541611||ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT AND GENERAL MANAGEMENT CONSULTING SERVICES|
|541613||MARKETING CONSULTING SERVICES|
|541614||PROCESS, PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION, AND LOGISTICS CONSULTING SERVICES|
|541618||OTHER MANAGEMENT CONSULTING SERVICES|
|541620||ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING SERVICES|
|541690||OTHER SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL CONSULTING SERVICES|
|541712||RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN THE PHYSICAL, ENGINEERING, AND LIFE SCIENCES (EXCEPT BIOTECHNOLOGY)|
|541990||ALL OTHER PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC, AND TECHNICAL SERVICES|
|561110||OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES|
|561210||FACILITIES SUPPORT SERVICES|
|561320||TEMPORARY HELP SERVICES|
|561499||ALL OTHER BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES|
|562998||ALL OTHER MISCELLANEOUS WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES|
|611430||PROFESSIONAL AND MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT TRAINING|
|924110||ADMINISTRATION OF AIR AND WATER RESOURCE AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS|
Key Word/Key Phrase List
carbon footprint analysis
certified energy managers
conduct of operations
decontamination and decommissioning (D&D)
Department of Energy (DOE)
department of transportation (DOT)
earned value management (EVMS)
East Tennessee Technology Park (ETTP)
greenhouse gas management
increase productivity and flexibility
industrial facility management
information management solutions
leadership in energy and environmental design (LEED)
lean process improvement
low-level waste (LLW)
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
nuclear quality assurance (NQA-1)
nuclear facility management
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
project manager professionals (PMP)
pollution prevention (P2)
quality assurance (QA)
reactor refueling and defueling
safety and health
sampling and analysis (SAP)
spent nuclear fuel (used nuclear fuel)
supply chain management
veteran owned small business (VOSB)
2096 Castaic Lane Knoxville state_TN 37932