Sigma Science Inc.Sigma Science Inc.Gilbert Torres
Sigma Science, Inc. (SSI) is an SBA 8(a) certified company, founded in New Mexico with 19 years of experience providing nuclear safety, environmental management, operations, maintenance, engineering, project management and quality assurance for federal and commercial clients. Our focus on technical excellence, integrity, and quality begins with our employees. A disciplined approach for hiring highly experienced technical experts with exceptional communication skills is combined with a commitment to understanding and enhancing the capabilities of each of our employees. SSI is currently providing technical expertise to the following DOE sites: Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), Sandia National Laboratories (SNL), Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), and the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP). For more information on our company, please visit http://www.sigmasci.com.
The extensive experience of our staff has been gained “on the floor” in multiple technical and management capacities, for both nuclear and hazardous facilities. The practical and technical experience of our staff allows us to focus on integrated solutions that solve real-world problems effectively, efficiently and safely. SSI has expertise in safety analysis, risk analysis, health physics and radiological engineering, criticality safety, and nuclear energy.
We support the production, application, and uses of nuclear energy and specialize in facility operations, management, licensing, and decommissioning. We combine our staff’s expertise in regulatory compliance and chemical and radiological engineering with analytical techniques to support schedule development and mitigation plans that enable our clients to meet their environmental and compliance needs. Capabilities include: environmental management, environmental planning and impact assessment, waste management, air quality management, water quality management, and site investigation and remediation.
Engineering and Project/Program Management
SSI offers a full suite of engineering services ranging from initial design to facility technical baseline development & control, configuration management, management level determinations, and item dedication. We also offer project management, scheduling and cost estimating, including: development of project work schedules and assessment of critical path workflow, maintenance and improvement to existing program schedules, and development of project controls.
SSI recently enhanced its Quality Assurance (QA) Program to comply with applicable requirements in DOE Order 414.1D, Quality Assurance; ASME NQA-1, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications; and EM-QA-001, Revision 1, Environmental Management Quality Assurance Program. This represents a significant improvement in SSI’s QA capabilities and resulted in Conditional Approval of the SSI QA Program by the Office of Environmental Management with full approval expected before the end of 2016. SSI is also pursuing another enhancement by obtaining formal certification of its QA Program in accordance with applicable requirements in AS9100, Quality Management System – Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations. It is expected that this certification process will be completed by March 2017.
Sigma Science Inc. (SSI) was recognized for outstanding work on projects by Bechtel’s Nuclear, Security & Environmental global business unit at the Bechtel Subcontractor and Supplier Recognition awards. SSI received this award for consistently providing the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) exemplary service and unique capabilities in nuclear safety bases development and implementation, nuclear criticality safety analysis, engineering, operations, project management and environmental management.
Company Size/Small Business Classifications/NAICS Codes
Minority owned 8(A) Certified
541330 Engineering Services
541690 Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
541620 Environmental Consulting Services
541611 Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services
561110 Office Administrative Services
561210 Facilities Support Services
562910 Remediation Services
541990 All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
611430 Professional and Management Development Training
Key Words & Key Phrases
- Nuclear Safety/Engineering
- Safety Analysis
- Hazards and Accident Analysis, Selection of Controls, Facility Hazard Categorization, Documentation, Nuclear Licensing and Documentation Hazards /Accident Analysis, Documented Safety Analysis / Technical Safety Requirements. Safety Basis Addendums and USQ Process, Hazard Categorization
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Assessment, Threat Risk Assessment, Quantitative Risk Management, Design, Application, and Support, Deterministic and Probabilistic Risk Assessment, Transport Modeling, Root Cause Analysis
- Health Physics and Radiological Engineering
- Radioactive Materials Leak Testing, Physical Inventory Maintenance and Radiation Contamination Survey, Test Criteria Development and Oversight of Source. Construction/Testing per ANSI N43.6, Radiobiology Analysis
- Criticality Safety
- Dose and Shielding Evaluations/Calculations, Nuclear Criticality Safety Evaluations/Calculations, Program Development and Floor Level Implementation. Criticality Accident Alarm Systems Analysis, Validation and Verification of Code Packages, Evaluations/Calculations, Safety Basis Integration, Training
- Occupational Health
- Nuclear Energy
- Materials, Fuels, Thermal, Hydraulic, and Neutronic Modeling, Advanced Reactor Technologies, Fuel Cycle Technologies, International Nuclear Energy Policy and Cooperation
- Environmental Compliance
- Program Management, Environmental Systems, Health and Safety Plans
- Environmental Planning and Impact Assessment
- Site Characterization, NEPA Analysis, Environmental Assessments and Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Impact Statements
- Waste Management
- RCRA permitted Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage, And Disposal Facilities, Managing TRU, MLLW, and LLW, Waste Treatment Compliance Strategies
- Air Quality Management, Water Quality Management
- Site Investigation and Remediation, Site Assessments, Remediation
- Operations and Maintenance
- Formality of Operations, Operational Readinesss, Integrated Safety Management, Program Development and Floor Level Implementations, Quality Assurance, Process Development, Work Planning, Control, Maintenance, Testing, and Verification of Safety Systems
- Project Management and Administrative Support, Scheduling, Cost Analysis, Earned Value, Project Risk Management, Value Engineering, Records/Data Management, Document Control, Word Processing, Technical Writing, Translation
- Independent Design Reviews, Conceptual Design Documents, Construction Documents
- Quality Assurance
- NQA-1, ISO 9001, AS-9100
- Safety Analysis
8500 Menaul Blvd. NE Suite A225 Albuquerque NM 87112