Oak Ridge National Laboratory
The focus of the day-long workshop will be on manufacturing opportunities in the Southeastern United States around small modular reactors, next generation nuclear technology, nuclear medicine and national security programs.
While the full agenda is under development, the following is a sample of speakers who have been confirmed to date: John Kotek with the Nuclear Energy Institute will speak on “Nuclear Power Generation Outlook” and both Scott Bailey, NuScale, and Harlan Bowers, X-Energy, will participate on a panel regarding “SMR and Advanced Reactor Needs.”
NOW will consist of a weeklong series of networking, educational and business opportunities for those working in the nuclear industry.
NOW will be held during the week of October 2-5, 2018 and will feature the following events:
- Tuesday, October 2: ETEC hosts the NSW, a one-day conference held at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
- Tuesday, October 2 – Thursday, October 4: ETEBA, Energy Technology and Environmental Business Association, hosts their annual Business Opportunities and Technical Conference at the Knoxville Convention Center.
- Wednesday, October 3 – Thursday, October 4: ORNL hosts the fourth annual Molten Salt Reactor (MSR) Workshop.
- Thursday, October 4: Oak Ridge will host one of the Millennial Nuclear Caucuses, at the New Hope Center at the Y-12 National Security Complex.
- Thursday, October 4: Friends of ORNL will host an evening lecture and reception at Pollard Technology Conference Center on the Oak Ridge Associated Universities campus.
- Friday, October 5: As part of their regular Friday meeting series, ETEC will host an informative networking breakfast focused on nuclear security at Y-12’s New Hope Center followed by a unique tour opportunity.
For more information about all of these events and to register, visit: https://eteconline.org/now/.
Registration for the Nuclear Suppliers Workshop is now open. The registration fee is $150 per person ($125 for early birds through July 31). This includes a breakfast, lunch and hosted reception at ORNL. An additional discount is available for NSW and MSR attendees.
Sponsors to date include: Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Centrus Energy, University of Tennessee, Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI), MSTI/Millennitek, Teledyne Brown and The Ingram Group. Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
Speakers and participating companies will be announced as they are confirmed. For the most up to date information, please visit our Nuclear Suppliers Workshop event page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/954141854754412/.
About the East Tennessee Economic Council (ETEC)
ETEC is an independent, regional, non-profit membership organization dedicated to supporting the federal government’s missions in Oak Ridge and East Tennessee as well as encouraging new opportunities to fully utilize the highly-skilled talent, cutting-edge technologies and unique facilities that make up the federal reservation. ETEC works in strong partnership with federal contractors, Department of Energy and National Nuclear Security Administration representatives, state officials, small businesses, and other local economic development organizations to seek new ways to use federal investments in science and security to create prosperity, promote regional development, and explore opportunities for growth. For more information, visit www.eteconline.org.